As a book blogger, you might hit a plateau after writing reviews, after reviews, after reviews. I mean, how many over-enthusiastic posts one can write singing paeans to Sarah J. Mass (ahem)??
Related post: What I Learned After Reading 24 Books in 2017
Below, I’ve compiled 35 blog-post ideas that I find quirky and something I might try in future.
- Is “reading”, as a hobby, is overrated?
- Your top 10 conversation-starters with non-readers.
- Can a book really change a life?
- The “banned” books you’ve read.
- Reading “fiction” got a bad rap lately. Your top 10 reasons to defend this genre.
- Have “reading challenges” taken away the joy of reading?
- Your guide to a beginner in the genres like “Demon erotica“/”Steampunk“/”Diesel-punk”. Give book recommendations as well.
- 5 books a foreigner must read to know “your” country better.
- 10 worst books you’ve read over the years.
- Worst authors you’ve read over the years.
- 10 overrated books that others liked but you DNF.
- 10 reasons “ Victorian Classics” have become passé.
- Would you date/marry someone who doesn’t read (and looks at your bibliophile-ness with disdain)?
- 5 “classic fiction” heroes that were douche bags.
- 5 YA fantasy-female leads that are insufferable.
- 10 non-fiction recommendations that are not from “self-help” genre.
- Which 5 books have you read and loved- outside your reading comfort zone?
- Your favorite Shakespeare-plays in ascending order.
- 5 reasons you think reading poetry is wastage of time.
- Take 10 fictional characters and rate them on the basis of “kill, marry, hook up”.
- 5 children books you’d recommend/gift to create awareness regarding sex- ed.
- Do you love/hate/have a bitter-sweet feeling regarding “Fountain Head”? Show 5 reasons why.
- 5 dark/creepy comics/graphic novels you’ve ever read in life.
- 5 political graphic novels you’d urge everyone to read.
- Rate 10 romantic book-covers- from classy to trashy and in-between.
- 5 “graphic sex scenes” you’ve read that “felt redundant“.
- 5 gifts, a book-nerd (like you), would always make use of.
- 5 reasons why “World War II” has become such an overused setting in the historical fiction genre.
- Celebrated Feminist books that you otherwise found problematic in tone.
- Your 5 monthly budget-planning tips for purchasing books/reading-related accessories.
- Your top 5 Christmas reads that are totally anti of the spirit of festivity.
- A review of the year 2018 – in terms number of books you’ve read, internalized, DNF and bought.
- As an avid book-blogger, what other types of blogs you’d find most interesting and most annoying (keep the tone non-bitchy) to read.
- Books that haven’t aged very well.
- Century-old Books that are still relevant.
Do you write about books & reading- in general? What do you think about the above-mentioned post-ideas?
Would you like to try out some of them in the coming months? Do let me know in comments section.